Inside 200 Easy Mexican Recipes you will find everything from beverages to desserts. The recipes are sure to delight everyone who tries them. Some examples of recipes in the book are:
• Pomegranate Margarita
• Shrimp Ceviche
• Corn & Chile Guacamole
• Green Chile & Chicken Tacos
• Machaca Burrito
• Red Chile Enchiladas
• Chicken Mole
• Tres Leches Cake
In addition to all the fabulous and exciting dishes she has created, Kelley Cleary Coffeen offers a wonderfully interesting account of the traditions and culture surrounding Mexican cuisine. She also includes a comprehensive glossary depicting the flavors of Mexico, an ingredient list and a list of handy tools and equipment.
Kelley Cleary Coffeen is a cookbook author, food consultant, media personality and restaurateur who enjoys the flavors of the American Southwest and Mexico. Her creativity in the kitchen has resulted in a flourishing culinary career.
I have enjoyed several of these recipes over the past few months. I like to joke that I am part Mexican because Mexican food is my favorite food. I truly love the Tres Leches Cake. It's a staple in our household.
One recipe to try is the Huevos Rancheros + Roasted Tomato Salsa
Makes 4 servings
Preheat oven to 150°F
Ovenproof serving plates
- 3 tbsp. oil, divided
- 8 6-inch (15 cm) corn tortillas
- 2 cups Roasted Tomato Salsa (see below)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place serving plates in preheated oven to warm.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add 2 tbsp. of the oil and heat for 1 minute. Using tongs, carefully dip each tortilla into the oil until tortilla bubbles and is heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Place 2 tortillas slightly overlapping each other on each warmed plate. Return to oven.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat salsa until bubbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- In another skillet, add remaining 1 tbsp. of oil and scramble or fry eggs separately, as desired. Place each egg on top of tortillas on each plate and smother with salsa. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is slightly melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Please stop by Robert Rose, Inc. and check out all their books!
Robert Rose Books on Facebook
RobertRoseBooks on Twitter
Robert Rose Books on Pinterest
Robert Rose, Inc. has offered a copy of 200 Easy Mexican Recipes: Authentic Recipes From Burritos to Enchiladas by Kelley Coffeen to one lucky reader.
Giveaway: (Leave a separate comment for each entry you complete, put your email address in your comment if it's not visible on your blog, no po boxes, contiguous usa only)
Mandatory Entry -
1. Go to Robert Rose, Inc. and choose another book that you would love to try, leave a comment letting me know which one you chose.
Extra Entries -
2. Like Robert Rose Books on Facebook, leave a comment with your facebook name letting me know you are their fan.
3. Like Let's Eat 2 Day on facebook, leave a comment with your facebook name letting me know you are my fan.
4. Follow me on twitter, leave a comment letting me know you follow me on twitter with your twitter username.
5. Follow RobertRoseBooks on Twitter, leave a comment letting me know you follow them on twitter with your twitter username.
6. Email subscribers to Let's Eat 2 Day get an extra entry just leave a comment with your email address that you subscribed with letting me know you are an email subscriber.
You can enter up to six times, giveaway ends 03/18/14 at 7 PM EST. I will use random.org to select a winner and I will notify the winner via email. Winner will have 72 hours to respond to my email with their mailing address or I will have to select another winner. Thank you for reading and participating.
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of the book to review and one to giveaway. The opinions expressed are my own.
Winner selected and emailed: