Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ten tips for making your life easier and more efficient while on the go

I am very busy.  I know that you all are very busy too.  I have come up with some tips to help make your life easier and more efficient while on the go.  I know that it's not easy to get all the things we need to get done finished in a day, but we can do our best.  Here are the top ten tips I came up with.


1.  Be Organized - the more organized you are the easier your life will be.  Spending five minutes trying to find something is five minutes you could have used more wisely if you had been more organized.


2.  Make a List - Make and keep a list of things to do each day.  The best way to get efficient is to know what you need to get done each day and check things off as you get them done.  You can keep the list on your phone or laptop if that's easier for you than an old fashioned paper list.


3.  Take Some Me Time - You will be more efficient if you take some time out of the day for yourself.  You have to be rested and refreshed in order to get everything you need to get done finished.  I love to have a Seattle’s Best Coffee Iced Latte during my me time.  They are great when you're on the go.


4.  Snacks - Keep snacks prepared in ziplocs or reusable bags.  Once a week buy groceries and the pack up the snacks for the week.  Then you can just grab them and go.


5.  Make Quick Meals - I prepare meals in thirty minutes or less.  That's a big time saver.  I do not spend more than half an hour cooking dinner. 


6.  Share Your Duties - Share your responsibilities with your family.  Make a chart and keep up with who does what on what day.  You are not super woman you can not do it all, do not try.

7.  Be Prepared - I have everything I may need in my purse or car.  That way I have what I need when I need it.  You will be surprised how much time you can save by having things when you need them.

8.  Keep the Kids Occupied - I always have crayons or pencils for them to use when we are in the car.  I also have their video games with us whenever we may need some distractions.


9.  Keep a Schedule - If you do things in the same order each day, you will become faster and more efficient just by repeating the steps each day.  I have a routine and I stick to it.  I am very fast at getting my routine completed each day.


10.  Plan Your Shopping Trips - Make a list and plan the attack.  I start at one end of the store and work my way to the other end.  If there's not an item on my list down a certain aisle I do not go down that aisle.  I stick to the list.  It is a major time saver to have a list and use it.


I hope that these tips are helpful to you.  It's not easy to stay calm in the midst of chaos.  With a planned route you will help yourself stay calm.  Do what you can and do not worry about the rest of it.  Do not over do it.  You can say no.  You are not required to do everything for every one.




I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

Here's a little information about Seattle's Best Coffee:

About Seattle’s Best Coffee
As coffee blenders and roasters since 1970, we’ve seen a lot come and go. We went from a tiny shop on the Seattle waterfront to being declared Seattle’s Best Coffee in a local competition. In 2003, we joined the Starbucks family which has allowed us to place more resources into further honing our special way of crafting delicious, impossibly smooth coffee. Every step of the process, from coffee cherry to your cup, is managed to fit our exacting standards and our premium approach to coffee. Now, we’re making it easier to find your perfect coffee with our new Level System.

Save $1.50 on a 4 pack today!

It’s low calorie: Just 130 calories per can.
It’s affordable: A premium latte for just $1.49? And a 4-pack is an even better deal, at just $4.99.
It’s everywhere: Available in major grocery, convenience and other retail stores.

More info on Seattle’s Best Coffee: http://www.seattlesbest.com

Seattle’s Best Coffee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SeattlesBestCoffee  

Follow @SeattlesBest on Twitter

0 comments: