Monday, November 26, 2012

Kikkoman Juicy Bird Project #JuicyBirdProject

I am a Smiley360 blogger and they sent me a Kikkoman Juicy Bird Project kit to brine a chicken and report back you about it.  This is my first time brining a chicken.  I have always wanted to try and with this opportunity I was able to complete the task at hand.  Here's the recipe that I used. 


Savory Chicken Brine

Ingredients (Recipe for a 16-24 pound turkey)

2 gallons Cold Water
10 ounces Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
1/2 cup kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons dried sage
2 tablespoons dried celery seed
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Instructions

The night before roasting, remove giblets; rinse chicken inside and out. In a large stock pot mix water with remaining ingredients. Stir well until all the salt is dissolved. Place chicken in the pot cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. Remove chicken from the brine, rinsing well. Follow your regular cooking instructions.

I followed this recipe and then baked the chicken yesterday for dinner.  My family complimented me and everyone ate the chicken.  I had a bit left over and we took it for our lunches today at work.

The recipe is easy to follow and delicious!  I always have soy sauce in the fridge and now I have another way to use it!
 
 
Disclosure: As a member of Smiley360, I received the kikkoman kit mentioned above. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.

0 comments: