Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tips for Spreading Holiday Cheer

With the holidays just around the corner, I have come up with some tips for spreading holiday cheer to share with you my readers.  I know it's hard to stay cheerful when you are are so busy, but the holidays are meant for fun and good memories.  We are all very busy and sometimes it may seem like we have too many things to do in too few hours so maybe my tips will help you stay cool, calm and collected.

1.  Make a list - write down what you must accomplish and when you need to have it finished.  I like to organize the list by importance, that way if I do not get to the end of the list the most important things are completed.

2.  Get your shopping done early - I never want to be shopping on Christmas Eve with all the other last minute shoppers, so I get my shopping done as soon as I can.  It's good to start early in the year but if you haven't started yet get your shopping done soon so you can beat the crowds.

3.  Prepare as much food ahead of time as possible - many items can be prepared the night before the big day.  I like to have the cranberry bread and desserts baked in advance so I can take those off my list on the actual day of celebration.

4.  Clean, organize and decorate in advance - you do not want to be cleaning on the day when you are expecting company.   Get it done the weekend before or a few days ahead of time.  It's much easier and less stressful when you are prepared for the relatives before they arrive.

5.  Get the whole family involved - you can not do everything by yourself.  Make a chore chart and delegate the chores to your family members who are able to help.  You are not superwoman do not take on too much and get overwhelmed.

These are simple things that help me spread holiday cheer.  I know you have felt overwhelmed during the holidays like I have and we can do as much as possible to keep it light and enjoyable for everyone, including ourselves.

Transformers has something new and here are some of my top reasons why I think KRE-O is such a perfect holiday gift for your kids. Check out these awesome new sets at Kreo.com.There’s a 

KRE-O set for everyone and every budget. There are twelve KRE-O Transformers sets available, from Basic sets for beginner builders to deluxe sets for the pros. The sets range in price from $7.99-$59.99 and each set allows kids to construct one of two models: a Transformers character in robot or vehicle mode offering two different builds in one! Most also come with a unique, collectible KREON figure that add another level of play to the sets. 

The KRE-O Transformers sets resonate with kids of all ages. The third Transformers movie, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, was a smash this past summer and the KRE-O collection is inspired by the Generation 1 Transformers lore  the 1980’s, so 6 year olds to teens and adults can get in on the action once KRE-O sets are unwrapped. 

KRE-O bricks are compatible with other leading brick based sets on the market so families don’t have to invest in a new brick system or worry about mixing up bricks and blocks! Unwrap KRE-O gifts and welcome them easily into your toy chest.

I know you will enjoy the KRE-O Transformers sets.  I know they are on our list to pick up to put under the Christmas tree.

About Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro, Inc. is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY.

 Come see how Hasbro inspires play through their brands at http://www.hasbro.com.

Enter to win one of over 1,000 KRE-O Construction Sets in the Great Brick Giveaway

More info: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com

Follow @hasbronews on Twitter

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hasbro blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points and a KRE-O gift. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of SocialMoms or Hasbro. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

0 comments: