1. Keep fresh fruits in the house for snacks. Get the junk out and keep it out. Eating healthy makes us healthy.
2. Do your back to school shopping early. Do not wait until the last minute. The stores will be so busy and overwhelming. Go shopping early and get it done quickly. Do not stress out about the back to school shopping.
3. Stay active year round. During the summer we ride bikes and swim a lot to st
ay active. It's a lot of fun and it keeps up moving. Once school starts back up we have our normal activities to keep us busy.
4. Go to the dentist and get teeth cleaned and checked for cavities. We go to the dentist twice a year and have the appointments scheduled before school and then again before the summer.
5. Go to the eye doctor and get their eyes checked. Eye health is very important. Healthy eyes and being able to see help children do well in school.
6. Don't over pack their backpacks. Over packed back packs are too heavy for little ones. Check them out and make sure that your children are able to carry them easily.
7. Write down a list of the medications your children take and give it to the school nurse before they go back to school. Make sure you talk to your children about their medication and what they have to take and when.
8. Get any necessary immunizations. If you need any immunizations get them taken care of before school starts, while you're there get a physical and make sure nothing is wrong physically with your children.
9. Talk with your children about possible dangers in riding the school bus or walking to and from school. Talk about what to do in different situations. A prepared child is a healthy child.
10. Have fun. Do not get stressed out about back to school. Make it fun and enjoy yourself.
These are the top ten tips for a healthy back to school season. I know that back to school is an exciting time and fun time, but it could also be stressful. There's no need to get stressed about it.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Transitions Lenses blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
About Transitions Optical, Inc.
Transitions Optical is a joint venture of PPG Industries, Inc. and Essilor International. The first to successfully commercialize a plastic photochromic lens in 1990, today the company is a leading provider of photochromics to optical manufacturers worldwide. Transitions Optical offers the most advanced photochromic technology in the widest selection of lens designs, materials and brand names.
Transitions® lenses are the ideal everyday choice for healthy sight. They are clear indoors and at night. Outdoors, they automatically darken as light conditions change. Transitions lenses provide visual comfort, and enhance visual quality by reducing glare and enhancing contrast, helping you to see better today. Transitions lenses block 100 percent of harmful UVA and UVB rays – helping to protect the health and wellness of your eyes – so you can see better tomorrow as well. More info on Transitions Lenses: www.transitions.com
About Eye Didn’t Know That!
Transitions Optical created the Eye Didn’t Know That! program to help people of all ages learn more about healthy vision. The program was developed by a team that includes eyecare professionals, science and education experts, and Transitions Optical, Inc. The Eye Didn’t Know That! website offers materials for children, parents, teachers and eyecare professionals to use to teach and learn more about eyecare basics and the importance of eye health and regular comprehensive eye exams. The information includes fact sheets, games, quizzes, lesson plans and free downloadable materials. To learn more and to find out what makes your friends and family say “Eye Didn’t Know That!” visit www.eyedidntknowthat.com.
Transitions Lenses on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/transitionsslenses
Follow @transitions on Twitter