Monday, October 8, 2012

PB2 Information and Link to Get it Cheap!

I’m one of those people who has an amazing memory when it comes to the exact number of calories and grams of fat in just about any consumable item — from carrot cake to cough drops — and I’m always on the lookout for foods that taste yummy but aren’t super-fattening.
This is why I always have a jar of Bell Plantation’s PB2 within arm’s reach– at home, in my desk drawer at work…even in my car.

Buy PB2 for less at Vitacost.com!
Why PB2? Well, it smells like real peanut butter. It tastes like real peanut butter. It is real peanut butter–sort of. It’s real peanut butter that’s had most of the fat removed from it. Two heaping tablespoons of the stuff will set you back just 45 calories. Two tablespoons of the real stuff? We’re talking close to 200 calories.
When I start raving about PB2, I get a lot of raised eyebrows. “Powdered peanut butter? Really? Why can’t you just eat the real stuff?”
Um, because I’m saving my calories for a real serving of chocolate lava cake at my husband’s birthday dinner, that’s why! And besides, the powered stuff really does taste great, trust me!

Here are a few ways I use it:
1. In yogurt. Greek yogurt is high in protein. I toss in some PB2 for even more protein.
2. As a substitute for real peanut butter in recipes. Whether it’s a yummy muffin or a Thai chicken satay dish, there’s no reason you have to use the real, high-fat stuff when there’s PB2! I add a tablespoon of water along with the powder.
3. I toss it in vegetarian chili along with some red pepper flakes. It instantly kicks up the flavor and transforms my beans and veggies into something exotic.
4. They say oatmeal sticks to your bones, but if I eat plain old-fashioned oats with warm water, I’m always hungry by mid-morning. If I add in two tablespoons of PB2, I feel full ’till lunch–and it makes the oatmeal taste soooo much better.
5. In smoothies. I mix almond milk, a scoop of chocolate whey powder and two tablespoons of PB2 with crushed ice. Delish!

If you haven’t tried it yet, don’t let its powdery consistency scare you away. True, it may not be perfect for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but as a way to make food more fun (and less fattening!), you can’t go wrong with PB2!
(For those choco-holics out there, don’t forget to check out chocolate PB2!)

IF YOU WANT TO ORDER, USE THIS LINK FOR $10 OFF!  2 JARS FOR $5.71!!!

http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=30711222

0 comments: