Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Last Minute Gift Idea - Gift Cards

I love Gift Cards.  They are easy to buy and everyone loves to receive them.  Your friends and family can purchase what they want if you give them gift cards for Christmas.  This year I have received a couple gift cards from people at work and I love to use them for online purchases and things like that.  They are wonderful to limit the liability of your card number getting stolen.  I love to use them on websites that may or may not be that reputable.

You can purchase gift cards with your actual credit card and then in turn get your points or cash back through your credit card company.  If you have some teens to shop for I recommend getting them gift cards.  Teenagers can be the hardest to shop for.  They have everything and they can be very picky when it comes to what they want.  I love to give nieces and nephews gift cards to the mall or specific stores in the mall.  Everyone knows that teens love to shop at the mall.

You can give gift cards in Christmas cards or you can wrap them up for a neat little surprise.  Another great gift card idea is a grocery store gift card.  Do you know someone who is having an especially hard time this year?  You can give the gift of a grocery store gift card to put their mind at ease about how they will feed their family for a few days or even a week.  Since you really do not know what they need a gift card is the perfect gift.

Gift cards can even help you to save money.  I know that some stores offer cheaper gas when you pay with a gift card. Gift cards can help you save time too.  Have you ever wanted to just swipe a card and go?  I know I do all the time.  With a gift card that's entirely possible.  Gift cards are sold everywhere and in almost every denomination.  I really love to give gift cards and I love to get them as well.  Gift cards are amazing and most states require that they never expire so you do not have to worry about spending them quickly.

Even if you get a gift card that you aren't thrilled with you can regift it or sell it.  Getting a gift card is just like getting cash.  I love gift cards.  I know you love them too. 
Join the Gift Cards Rock community on Facebook to learn about great gift cards deals, share exciting gift card tips and keep your eye out for amazing giveaways! Gift Cards Rock is an online community for people who love to give and receive gift cards.

Follow @GiftCardsRock on Twitter
and the #GiftCardsRock hashtag for exciting gift card information.



I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Gift Cards Rock blogging program, for 6,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

0 comments: