- Walk The Walk is bringing their iconic overnight power walk, The MoonWalk to New York City on July 20th at 10pm.
- Presented by Empire BlueCross BlueShield, the overnight walk through New York City will begin with a participant opening ceremony celebration at Randall’s Island. Walkers will then depart weaving through Manhattan past the city’s most iconic landmarks, lit up brightly at night.
- There are two courses to ensure that everyone can participate no matter their fitness levels or abilities.: Half Moon (13.1 miles) and Full Moon (26.3 miles)
- Most of the fundraising from the MoonWalk NYC will be granted to Memorial Sloan-Ketting Cancer Center to help support the Breast Examination Center in Harlem, one of the first free screening facilities for breast cancer in the country where 80% of patients are uninsured but guaranteed support and guidance.
- Since it's inception fifteen years ago in London, MoonWalk has engaged over 300,000 participants and has raised over $126 million dollars to support vital breast cancer causes.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Walk The Walk is bringing The MoonWalk to New York City on July 20th at 10pm.
Posted by Susan Smoaks at 8:06 AM