Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cape Cod Potato Chips Review

Cape Cod Potato Chips sent me a huge box of their potato chips to try and give a review of.  I was very happy to try these.  I am a huge fan of potato chips and I kept hearing about their reduced fat version.  I couldn't wait to try these.  I received the following:

Our Classics are old-fashioned, premium kettle cooked potato chips with a legendary crunch and hearty potato flavor. Enjoy with your favorite sandwich or savor them on their own!
These delicious chips are hand cooked in kettles, then flash-baked to naturally reduce the fat content. The result is a potato chip with the same potato intensity as our Classics without altering or sacrificing the purity of the process or ingredients.
Tomatoes, onions, and a blend of natural spices are combined with mesquite wood smoke creating the perfect robust barbeque recipe. With each crunchy bite, you'll experience savory sweetness with just a hint of mesquite smoke.

I also got a 40% reduced fat sweet mesquite barbeque to try.  These were great as well.  The sweet mesquite barbeque are my favorite.  I will buy the reduced fat because I can't tell a difference and any reduction in fat is good for me.
A distinctive blend of the finest sea salt and carefully dried vinegar. Indulge in these Cape Cod chips boasting perfectly paired flavors!
We flavor these special chips with carefully blended seasonings but with less fat than our original recipe.  The end result is a full-bodied chip with a distinctive taste.

We flavor these special chips with carefully blended seasonings but with less fat than our original recipe.  The end result is a full-bodied chip with a distinctive taste.


July 4th marks the 31st anniversary of Cape Cod Potato Chips.  The legendary kettle-cooked chip makers have come a long way from the 200 bags a day they were producing at the Hyannis, Mass.  factory in 1980 to the 184,000 bags small-batch made ber day in Hyannis.  The classic chips have remained the same since they very beginning, except for a switch to 100% canola oil.

The trademark Cape Cod lighthouse on the package makes it easy to find among the other chips.  Cape Cod Potato Chips retail around $3.49 for an 8-8.5 ounce bag.  Sizes, varieties and prices my very.  Visit http://www.capecodchips.com/ to locate a local retailer, order the products online or review recipes.


I tried each of these flavors.  I really couldn't tell a difference between the reduced fat chips and the regular.  The reduced fat chips were just a lot less greasy.  They tasted amazing.  They were crunchy and full of robust flavor.  I shared these with my family.  Everyone fell in love with Cape Cod Potato Chips.  We are so glad that we got to try these.  We will definitely be switching from our current brand over to Cape Cod.  If you haven't tried Cape Cod Potato Chips, it's time for you to try them.  

Cape Cod Potato Chips gave me the chips to review, the opinions are my own.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to review & receive a box of chips.
Karen