- “We’re a band, not a side project. We like our sound, and we’re going to continue to do this, and share something new this time around.” Emily Robison couldn't be more clear about the game plan for the Court Yard Hounds, the group she and sister Martie Maguire head up, as they get ready to release their second album, Amelita.
- After a few years away from the limelight and the Dixie Chicks, the two sisters were ready to get back into the studio with the creation of Court Yard Hounds. Amelita, out now, marks the Court Yard Hounds' second album.
- Containing 11 new tracks, Robison and Maguire took a different approach with Amelita than their debut album in 2010. This album contains a new perspective, which is due in part to time passed since Robison’s divorce. “I’ve been freed of all of those time-heals-everything kind of things,” says Robison. “Now, I’ve opened up to other ideas and ways of looking at life and the world. I think it’s not only a more hopeful album, but it’s more… well fun."
- "I love this band...the way we explore new aspects of ourselves and what we can expect from each other, both musically and as people," says Martie. "We are close. Plus, being on the road and being in the studio is like my spa from the everyday challenges of just being a mom.”
- The Court Yard Hounds’ new album is a clear statement of who the girls are as artists, defining their sound as a band, with soaring songs that are personal, yet familiar and widely relatable.
Links To Buy Album:
Amelita Track Listing:
- The World Smiles
- Aimless Upward
- Guy Like You
- Rock All Night
- Gets You Down
- Watch Your Step
- The Road You Take